Resources for Rehoming Pets:
Try these options for finding a new home for your pet before you surrender them to a shelter or rescue.
- Rehome by Adopt-A-Pet
- Free, easy, online service to post your pet, accept adoption applications, meet adopters and more.
- Pet Resource Center at The Animal Foundation
- Variety of online resources all in one location, including those for under-served communities and temporary placement for military.
- Social Media
- Resources for how to best handle giving up your pet.
- Resources for finding a home for your pet.
Resources for Surrendering Pets:
- Nevada SPCA
- Hearts Alive Village
- The Animal Foundation
- Foreclosed Upon Pets, Inc (FUPI)
- Happy Home Animal Sanctuary
- Call 702-203-4134;
- Limited availability; call for information.
Financial Help Resources:
The Animal Foundation has an extensive guide here with helpful tips and a list of organizations that offer financial help to pet owners.
Pet Food Assistance:
Drive-Thru Pet Food Assistance is offered by Nevada SPCA. Hours and location can be found on their website.
Hearts Alive Village supplies pet food through Kendall’s Kupboard, and is our region’s emergency pet food bank during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Street Dogz and Street Catz LV‘s mission is to ensure that no pet is surrendered due to a lack of resources on the part of their human. They distribute dog and cat food and supplies throughout the valley.
Still Need Help with Rehoming?
If you have tried these resources and still need help to find a new home for your domestic cat or kitten(s), you can read about our intake process and fill out our Intake Request Form.
Questions? Call our Intake department at 702-482-8132.