now Seeking volunteers and fosters!
Homeward Bound Cat Adoptions is a volunteer-driven organization, which means that the care of our cats as well as raising awareness for what we do entirely depends on people like you. Join our family and make an impact on homeless cats! Applications and more info below.
Invite a homeless cat to thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving is a time for family and friends — and that includes your pets. That's why we've got a goal to get every single cat out of our adoption center and into a home so they can know the joy and love of spending Thanksgiving with family. Want to foster for the holiday? Here's how it works:
- Visit the adoption center (2675 East Flamingo Road) or email us before Wednesday, November 23, to see cats available to spend the holiday with you.
- Open your heart and home to a cat, giving them a temporary break from the shelter for a week or more.
- You and your holiday guests get unconditional love from a furry companion and unlimited photo ops for your photo reel and social media!
- You help a homeless cat be seen by more people, therefore increasing their chance to find a forever family of their own!
As a bonus, if you end up wanting to adopt, or if you find someone who does, we'll waive the adoption fees!
volunteers can do nearly anything:
- Cat Care: Daily care including meals, cleaning, general organization and socializing cats.
- Medical: Administer medication, contribute to medical logs and assist with medical treatments.
- Computer/Data Entry: Includes documents and data for cats and people. Software training provided.
- Office/Adoptions: Email and phone communication. Provide customer service and excel at client relations. Assist with adoptions.
- Off-Site Adoptions: Provide customer service and excel at client relations at offsite adoption events. Petco is the current primary offsite location.
- Intake and Foster Assistant: Review foster and intake documents, assist with basic health and wellness exams, provide customer service and excel at client relations.
- Marketing/Graphic Design: Help professionally promote the organization and raise awareness in general through marketing and graphic design. Experience recommended.
- Brand Ambassador: Share our mission, goals, and ways to get involved in the community.
- Foster Care: Opening your hearts and homes to cats and kittens, temporarily, for a variety of reasons. Learn more below!
become a foster care volunteer!
Our Foster Care Program enables us to improve our, and our community’s, live release rate for cats. We began as a foster based organization and though we have an adoption center now, we still utilize fosters to elevate our presence in the community, develop relationships with supporters and save lives.
Foster care is simply opening your heart and home temporarily for kittens who cannot care for themselves, as well as adult cats who need a break from the center or may be recovering from a medical condition or illness. Sign up today!
Thanks to a grant from Maddie's Fund, we can now save the lives of cats in critical medical situations. The new program requires long-term fosters willing to give a loving home to a kitty that needs ongoing veterinary care for treatable health problems. We retain ownership and medical financial responsibility. You provide love, food, supplies, transportation, and a continuing dialog regarding the cats health.