We Need You!
Homeward Bound Cat Adoptions is a volunteer-driven organization, which means that the care of our cats as well as raising awareness for what we do entirely depends on people like you. Regardless of how much time you can offer us, you can make a huge difference!
We would not exist without volunteers. They contribute to socializing kittens, hosting adoption events, taking photos and promoting cats for adoption, daily cleaning, and so much more. They range in all ages from all walks of life. Join our family and make an impact on homeless cats!
Volunteer Spotlight: ADAR BAGUS
Adar Bagus started volunteering at animal shelters when she was a teenager in California, as part of a high school community service requirement. “I always loved it,” she says. “I’ve got the heart of a volunteer.”
When Adar moved to Las Vegas in the 90s, she looked for a no-kill shelter to volunteer at, but when she couldn’t find one, she decided to focus on other interests. Years later, she found herself regularly visiting the cats at PetSmart who were from Homeward Bound Cat Adoptions. When her two cats passed, she thought about adopting one of the cats she’d grown attached to.
Ways you can help:
- Cat Care: Help us feed and clean up after our feline friends. Keep their living environment fresh and sanitary. Help with laundry and general cleaning.
- Medical: Help cats with medical needs, give medication and keep logs of treatments given.
- Computer/Data Entry: Keep our cats' computer and paper records up to date with vaccinations, tests, medical treatments and other information. Enter new cats and adoptions in the database.
- Office/Adoptions: Answer phone, give advice and resources. Greet visitors, accept deliveries, show cats, complete the adoption process. Review adoption applications and interview potential adopters.
- Off-Site Adoptions: Spend a Saturday or Sunday with our cats & kittens at Petco. Answer questions, complete adoption paperwork, take photos, help new owners prepare to take their cat home.
- Intake and Foster Assistant: Help with foster applications, email/phone communications, intake requests, and the intake process. Assist with intake examinations.
- Marketing/Graphic Design: Provide suggestions for social media posts. Create infographics and other graphics as needed.
- Brand Ambassador: Share our mission, goals, and ways to get involved at off-site events.
- Must be at least 14 years old. Volunteers under 18 must volunteer alongside a parent or adult.
- Commit to scheduled volunteer times and notify Homeward Bound when unable to attend your shift.
- Must be able to squat, bend, twist, lift and stand when working with the cats in our care.
- Must be able to work well with people – work directly with the public and other volunteers.
- Must dress appropriately for the workplace. We will provide a Homeward Bound t-shirt.
- Must be able to handle cats safely and compassionately.
- Must be able to take and seek direction and have a self-motivated work ethic.
Our Foster Care Program enables us to dramatically improve our, and our community’s, live release rate for cats. We began as a foster based organization and though we have an adoption center now, we still need the program to elevate our presence in the community, develop relationships with supporters and most of all, save lives.
Foster care is simply opening your heart and home temporarily for kittens who cannot care for themselves, as well as adult cats who need a break from the center or may be recovering from a medical condition or illness. Sign up today!
In order to be considered to be a foster home you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Have the knowledge and consent of all adults living in your household.
- Have verifiable identification.
- Have a room in your home to keep foster cats safe and away from your other pets.
- Understand that Homeward Bound has the right to deny your application.
- Agree to a home visit before and during the time when you might foster for Homeward Bound.
Thanks to a grant from Maddie's Fund, we can now save the lives of cats in critical medical situations. The new program requires long-term fosters willing to give a loving home to a kitty that needs ongoing veterinary care for treatable health problems. We retain ownership and medical financial responsibility. You provide love, food, supplies, transportation, and a continuing dialog regarding the cats health.
WHERE TO ADOPT
2675 East Flamingo Road Ste 3
Las Vegas NV 89121
By Appointment Only:
Tuesday - Sunday 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
OFF-SITE ADOPTION LOCATIONS
Petco - Eastern Beltway
2340 E. Serene Avenue
By Appointment Only:
Saturday & Sunday 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
PetSmart - McCarran Marketplace (On Hold)
5915 S. Eastern Avenue
Las Vegas NV 89119
Join Our E-Newsletter!
Sign up to be the first to know about adoptable cats and kittens, volunteer opportunities, special events, and much more!