now Seeking volunteers and fosters!
Homeward Bound Cat Adoptions is a volunteer-driven organization, which means that the care of our cats as well as raising awareness for what we do entirely depends on people like you. We would not exist without volunteers. They contribute to socializing kittens, hosting adoption events, taking photos and promoting cats for adoption, daily cleaning, and so much more. Join our family and make an impact on homeless cats!
See below for volunteer and foster opportunities, as well as applications to apply.
volunteers can do nearly anything:
- Cat Care: Daily care including meals, cleaning, general organization and socializing cats.
- Medical: Administer medication, contribute to medical logs and assist with medical treatments.
- Computer/Data Entry: Includes documents and data for cats and people. Software training provided.
- Office/Adoptions: Email and phone communication. Provide customer service and excel at client relations. Assist with adoptions.
- Off-Site Adoptions: Provide customer service and excel at client relations at offsite adoption events. Petco is the current primary offsite location.
- Intake and Foster Assistant: Review foster and intake documents, assist with basic health and wellness exams, provide customer service and excel at client relations.
- Marketing/Graphic Design: Help professionally promote the organization and raise awareness in general through marketing and graphic design. Experience recommended.
- Brand Ambassador: Share our mission, goals, and ways to get involved in the community.
- Foster Care: Opening your hearts and homes to cats and kittens, temporarily, for a variety of reasons. Learn more about becoming a Foster Care volunteer below!
become a foster care volunteer!
Our Foster Care Program enables us to improve our, and our community’s, live release rate for cats. We began as a foster based organization and though we have an adoption center now, we still utilize fosters to elevate our presence in the community, develop relationships with supporters and save lives.
Foster care is simply opening your heart and home temporarily for kittens who cannot care for themselves, as well as adult cats who need a break from the center or may be recovering from a medical condition or illness. Sign up today!
Thanks to a grant from Maddie's Fund, we can now save the lives of cats in critical medical situations. The new program requires long-term fosters willing to give a loving home to a kitty that needs ongoing veterinary care for treatable health problems. We retain ownership and medical financial responsibility. You provide love, food, supplies, transportation, and a continuing dialog regarding the cats health.